Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I am a Condiment Whore

I am a condiment whore. 





 No, I am serious, it is a problem.  I LOVE condiments.  LOVE THEM!  I love sour cream, ketchup, mayo, mustard, salad dressing, steak sauces, BBQ sauces, dips, shrimp sauce, etc.  I pretty much put them on everything.  And, I don't just use a little amount to enhance the flavor of what I am eating.  That would be normal behavior, but I am not normal.  I am a condiment whore. Therefore I drench my food in condiments, sometimes to the point where my condiments become the main course, and my food becomes the condiment.


This is how a normal person eats a baked potato.



 This is how I eat a baked potato. 



This is how a normal person eats a salad.


This is how I eat a salad. 


 
 This is how normal people use steak sauce.



This is how I use steak sauce. 



 This of course is a huge problem when it comes to losing weight, because condiments are loaded with empty calories, that offer little to no nutritional benefits. 


So now that I am on my journey to  a healthy weight, I am going to have to reevaluate my relationship with my beloved condiments.  I am going to have to learn to enjoy some foods without  them.

  

But don't worry my dear friends, I would never be able to or want to rid my life of you completely.  I will just have to set some boundaries and create a more healthy relationship with you.

Love, 

Weightful Thinking  - The Condiment Whore








1 comment:

  1. It's great that your recognize how sneaky calories can be hiding in condiments -- believe it or not, not many people realize this! While I love a completely loaded baked potato or loaded French fries, I've only allowed myself to enjoy them when eating out at restaurants and I don't keep too many condiments inside the house. I have the same rule with fried foods (which I love) -- I can eat fried foods at restaurants but no frying in the house! That way, I can't give in to loading up my meal or frying up my meal, when eating at home :)

    ReplyDelete